Wanted: Creative, organized and smart person for part time marketing position (5-15 hours a week)
Hi! I’m Rachel Lipson, the founder and director of Blue Balloon Songwriting. My company offers in-home music lessons for kids and adults in NYC. A team of about 40 teachers teach 250+ lessons per week. Our clientele comes from referrals and word of mouth but we are looking to take things to the next level and need to find just the right person!
The position will be 5-15 hours per week of off-site work generally during the hours that work best for you. Some availability to correspond during the hours of 9am and 3pm is necessary. You can work from home or wherever you'd like and will be paid as a 1099 contractor. New Yorkers are preferred but will consider those who live elsewhere.
You will manage our newsletter, seek out social media content and find sponsors for our concerts.
If you have a creative eye, comfort with graphic design, supreme attention to detail and a willingness to offer new ideas and perspectives, this may be for you! A friendly, positive, approachable, energetic and responsive communication style are also a must.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and Mailchimp
- An Apple laptop to work on (mac users preferred as all of my work is done on a mac)
- An interest in children, families, music and creative, unique businesses. Experience working with kid-oriented businesses a definite plus!
- Experience with marketing, social media are required (experience with sponsors and/or fundraising preferred!)
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- You MUST have a keen attention to detail. You should be so organized that your friends think you are ridiculous. You should be so detail oriented that you border on perfectionism, but are also smart and aware enough to also get things done quickly and efficiently.
The position has room for growth for the right person with the potential for more hours dedicated to helping out with client relations, PR/advertising and product/business development as the company continues to grow.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send me an introductory email at email@example.com with a little bit about yourself and your background and why you think you’d be a good fit for this position. Please be sure to spend some time on the website to familiarize yourself with the company before contacting me. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!