Wanted: Organized, Detail Oriented, Logistics Wiz to coordinate lessons and serve as a liaison between clients and teachers. (8-20 hours a week)
Hi! I’m Rachel Lipson, the founder and CEO of Blue Balloon Songwriting. My company offers in-home music lessons for kids and adults in NYC, The Hamptons and Nashville. We specialize in teaching instrument instruction through songwriting, using methods I created. A team of about 50+ teachers teach 400+ lessons per week.
The position will be 8-15 hours per week of off-site work, corresponding with families and teachers over email and text to help schedule lessons, makeups, subs and address any issues that come up that families and teachers need assistance with. Most of the workload can be done on the go (I created this job as a stay at home/work from home mom myself!) using just your phone. The hours required to work will start small and can grow with time. New Yorkers are preferred but will consider those who live elsewhere. You will calculate your hours through an app such as Hours Keeper and be paid as a 1099 independent contractor.
Who we're looking for:
You should be so organized that your friends think you are ridiculous. You should be so detail oriented that you border on perfectionism, but are also smart and aware enough to also get things done quickly and efficiently all while being friendly, fun, upbeat and positive. You should be the kind of person who always is looking at their phone (for better or for worse) and doesn't miss a message, throw their phone in their bag without looking at it, or leave town without cell service more than every so often. You should be someone who actually LIKES logistics and schedules and the tetris puzzle of fitting everything in!
- An interest in children, families, music and creative, unique woman-owned businesses.
- Experience with client relations. An interest in education and/or music is a plus!
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- MUST have a keen attention to detail.
- Availability to answer texts and emails between the hours of 8am and 8pm EST (especially between 3-7pm M-F but texts and emails can come anytime!). NOTE: We DO have lessons on the weekends but you'd only need to be available for last minute things as they come up, most everything else can wait until Monday!
- A friendly, positive, personable, eloquent writing style!
What we expect of you:
- You will work with our team of clients and teachers to answer questions via email and text using your savvy and smart problem solving and customer service skills.
- You will effectively and kindly communicate policies and procedures and manage client expectations
- You will collaborate with teachers and everyone at Blue Balloon to ensure that every family gets the concierge-like experience families have come to expect from this unique company.
- You will always have a friendly and upbeat demeanor with all clients, staff and teachers.
- You will be available to answer texts and emails throughout the day!
The position has room for growth for the right person with the potential for more hours dedicated to helping out with admin work, PR/advertising and product/business development as the company continues to grow.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send us an introductory email at email@example.com with a little bit about yourself and your background and why you think you’d be a good fit for this position. Please be sure to spend some time on the website to familiarize yourself with the company before contacting us. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!